Friday, January 20, 2012

 

November 2012 Staff Coach - Janet Tucker



I am thrilled to have Janet Tucker with us for the Next Step Workshop in November. Hard to believe but it was in the 1990's that the first N.S.W. took place. It was hosted by Janet Tucker and her local church. The staff included Janet, me, and J.T. "Bubba" Sikes. In the picture, Janet is on the far left, and I am doing my old man character - Mr. Oxford P. Nutts - with the Next Step attendees at the morning worship service

Janet has such a firm understanding of clowning and clown ministry. She is the one that I call when I have questions about clowning. In the late 1980's she and I met as part of the International Fellowship of Christian Magicians Convention. Through the years she has served as the director of the clown ministry department of the FCM (as I have). She also has served as the clown ministry director for the World Clown Association (as I also have.) She has traveled on missions trips, written and performed numerous VBS programs, guided a local clown ministry troupe, organized regional, national and international conventions and in the middle of all that has also been a Sunday School teacher and performs over 150 clown shows per year!

The second picture shows Janet "Jellybean" Tucker and I standing together after the WCA Clown Worship Service in New York in 2011. Standing with us are other presenters - Bruce "Charlie" Johnson and Anita "Toot Sweet" Theis.

You'll want to come and pick Janet's brain. She's forgot more about clowning and clown ministry than most of us will ever learn. And she is coming to the Next Step just to be of help to you!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?